In this exercise, you will successively subdivide a parcel with segments that can be placed along any lot line.
This exercise continues from Exercise 1: Creating Parcels from AutoCAD Objects.
Create parcels using a free-form line
- Open Parcel-1B.dwg, which is available in the tutorials drawings folder.
- Click Home tab >> Create Design panel >> Parcel drop-down >> Parcel Creation Tools Find.
- On the Parcel Layout Tools toolbar, click Free Form Create.
- In the Create Parcels – Layout dialog box, click OK.
- In the drawing, snap to the endpoint shown in the following image.Notice that frontage does not need to be specified.
- To specify the lot line direction, move the cursor straight up, and snap to the intersection of the back lot line.
The new parcel is created and labeled.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 to create another lot line as shown in the following image.
- Press Esc to end the command.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Please see the Autodesk Creative Commons FAQ for more information.