In this exercise, you will generate and display the watershed analysis.
This exercise continues from Exercise 1: Configuring a Style for Watershed Display.
Generate a watershed analysis
This exercise uses Surface-5A.dwg with the modifications you made in the previous exercise.
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Surfaces collection. Right-click the XGND surface. Click Surface Properties.
- In the Surface Properties dialog box, on the Information tab, for Surface Style, select Watersheds.
- On the Analysis tab, for Analysis Type, select Watersheds.
- Ensure that Standard is selected in the Legend list.
- Click to generate the watershed analysis.
- The details of the surface watersheds are displayed in the Details table.
- Click .
- On the Watershed Display dialog box, click next to Boundary Point and Boundary Segment to turn off the display of these watershed types.
- Click OK twice.
The watersheds are displayed on the surface in the drawing.
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Surfaces >> XGND collection. Click the Watersheds collection.
The Prospector list view displays a tabular list of the surface watersheds with their IDs, description, type, and the ID of the watershed that they drain into.
Optionally, pan or zoom to an individual watershed. Right-click the watershed item in the list view and click Pan To or Zoom To.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Please see the Autodesk Creative Commons FAQ for more information.