Course Length: 4 Days
Learn to use the right AutoCAD Civil 3D tools for site design projects such as grading and storm design. In this course, Charles Ellison takes you through techniques using surfaces, feature lines, and grading objects, so you can shape the ground to slope, drain, and perform properly. You’ll also learn how to leverage Civil 3D’s gravity pipe tools, giving you the skills you need to complete the storm-water management aspects of a site project. When you’ve completed the course, you’ll be equipped to tackle any site project using the powerful capabilities of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Autocad Civil 3D Site Grading & Design Course Covers:
- What is site design?
- Creating feature lines
- Breaking, joining, trimming, and extending feature lines
- Adding and removing elevation points
- Raising and lowering feature lines
- Creating grading objects
- Building a grading scheme
- Creating curbs and parking lot surfaces
- Labeling a grading design
- Creating a storm design
- Adding inlets and pipes to a storm design
Prerequisites for the Autocad Civil 3D Essentials Course:
- Access to the 2018 version of the Civil 3D software for practice file compatibility.
- Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Land Desktop and an understanding civil engineering terminology.