Course Length: 4 Days
Autodesk Civil 3D software is the standard solution for civil engineering firms and surveyors for building information modeling (BIM) management. Civil engineering technicians and designers can improve project consistency, manage standards and establish efficient workflows with this powerful software. Respond to project changes quicker than ever before with improved accuracy and control.
This in-person classroom (live) is perfect for experienced civil engineers or an engineer in training (EIT) looking to improve their computer skills. This in-person course will get you up and running quickly with Autocad Civil 3D. Your instructor, Charles Ellison will guide you through the user interface and show how to create a grade surface, alignments, pipe networks and data shortcuts. Next, he will touch on additional features such as annotating, stationing and creating road and utility profiles.
In-Person Classroom (Live)
Autocad Civil 3D Essentials Course Covers:
- Navigating the Civil 3D interface
- Using point groups and description keys
- Importing survey data
- Managing figures
- Creating and analyzing surfaces
- Creating parcels
- Working with alignments
- Working with profiles and profile views
- Working with assemblies and subassemblies
- Creating Basic and Advanced Corridors
- Using an Intersection Object
- Making sample lines, cross sections, and section views
- Creating a pipe network
- Understanding pressure parts
- Creating and editing feature lines
- Creating and editing grading objects
- Sharing and referencing data
Prerequisites for the In-Person Classroom
Autocad Civil 3D Essentials Course:
- Access to the 2018 version of the Civil 3D software for practice file compatibility.
- Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Land Desktop and an understanding civil engineering terminology.